Call for Submissions
Here’s your chance to share what you know with peers, colleagues, and the industry at large.
Information Today,Inc., the producer of Enterprise Search Summit—the first and leading event focused on deploying search technology within organizations—is looking for people with strong feelings, deep opinions, and exciting tales to tell about deploying search technology in the enterprise.
We’d like to publish your thoughts and observations in the 2008 edition of our Enterprise Search Sourcebook.
Our editors are looking for articles (of from 1200 to 2500 words) to include in the 2008 edition. Articles can be on any topic related to the general subject of enterprise search. See some suggestions, below.
So, if you have general observations to make about the state of enterprise search or its role in your organization, let us know of your interest by filling out our online submission form.
The deadline for telling us you'd like to write an article for EnterpriseSearch Sourcebook is August 31.
ITI, VP., Content
Enterprise Search -- Topics of Interest to our Editors
You should feel free to propose any topic that is related to the subject of enterprise search. Here’s what we’ve selected to cover in related venues.
Enterprise Search -- General Topics
- Classification & Taxonomies
- Content Management & Search Technology
- Entity Extraction & Other Automatic Processes
- Faceted Navigation & Search
- Project & System Management
- Results Display & Visualization
- Search Analytics
- Systems & Information Architecture
- Tagging & Metadata
- Tools for Discovery
Trends & Themes We Published About in 2007
- Convergence of search and business intelligence
- Mobile enterprise search
- Adding social network analysis to search
- The future of findability
- Using analytics to improve search
- Principles of effective search
- Restoring browse to the enterprise
- Search and information architecture
- Search appliances in practice
- Taxonomies, metadata and search
- Desktop search
- Case Studies: Searching your enterprise
Issues Addressed at Our Conferences
- Integrating search with dynamic content systems
- Building an effective search interface
- Deploying an enterprise-wide search platform
- Search and business intelligence
- E-discovery and compliance
- Searching enterprise e-mail
- Search for decision-making
- Blending folksonomies and taxonomies
- Desktop search in the enterprise
- Tuning search engine metrics and log analyses
- Mining data to improve the user experience
- Search engines as a platform for applications development
- Semantic search
- Faceted search in the enterprise
- Tends in enterprise search
- Contextual search and text analytics
- Designing search results pages
- Integrating enterprise data with search results
- Open source & search solutions
Don't be limited by the items on these lists. Our editors are open to whatever you think is important to share with the 20,000 readers of Enterprise Search Sourcebook.
Check Out Last Year's Edition
Put Your Idea on the Table