- unified architecture--all applications are integrated and use common commands;
- improved discovery and analytics--freeform text exploration has been significantly enhanced;
- new text search offering embedded into workflow--search results can be viewed as links to documents ranked by relevancy, to hot spots of prevalent text strings inside documents, and to other relevant words;
- a "manage" module--classifies users as either administrators, authors or read-only viewers for enhanced security;
- "breadcrumbs"--a horizontal trail of links appears across the top of the page;
- enhancements to the existing extraction engine library;
- expansion of entity libraries in an atomic architecture; and
- categorization for "nested" hierarchies to organize and report on fact analysis of text.
Attensity 4 works inside, alongside or outside an organization's current business intelligence applications. It will initially support MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, the Teradata data warehouse and Oracle. The first operating systems supported will be Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Linux.