ActiveMedia Essentials provides a relatively inexpensive, pay-as-you-go solution for digital media—photos, graphics, marketing materials, presentations and video. Because it is a software as a service (SaS) solution, all that's required is a Web browser for companies or departments to quickly and securely organize and manage digital media for sales teams, distributors, partners, agencies or other external users.
The service is based upon ClearStory's robust enterprise DAM product, ActiveMedia, which is built on the company's pure J2EE, services-oriented architecture solution, Enterprise Media Server platform.
ClearStory cites the following benefits of ActiveMedia Essentials:
- easy deployment in a matter of hours;
- securely management of all digital media assets (images, graphics, publishing files, video);
- elimination of costly CD burning/shipping and slow FTP sites
- easily sharing and collaboration on digital media within your company and with partners for faster time to market;
- rapid uploading, search, retrieval, transformation and management of more than 70 file types;
- instant and secure distribution of large files worldwide;
- elimination of IT and infrastructure concerns because of the hosted nature of the offering;
- easy transition to ActiveMedia 7; and
- low monthly subscription cost.