Coveo reports new capabilities in Version 4.0 include:
• an improved user interface supporting faceted search, saved queries and an interface editor;
• the ability to securely search across Lotus Notes, Novell Netware, sound, image and video files;
• an open crawler API to index virtually any data source;
• the ability to scale to more than 100 million documents with load-balancing and distributed indexing across multiple servers;
• personalized rating that enhances relevancy via user behavior tracking;
• collaborative ranking that enhances relevancy by applying personalized ratings through groups of related individuals;
• support for Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese and Korean languages;
• richer real-time analysis and comprehensive reporting for administrators; and
• 10 percent to 25 percent faster query and indexing performance over the previous release.
Thirty-day free trials of both products are available from the Coveo site.