Available in both server and desktop variants, Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher enables interactive touch-up of the automated result so that users retain complete control of the appearance of every page. Rapid, high-volume automation of the traditionally labor-intensive composition process is a key strength of the product, says Arbortext, adding that the offering reduces costs and shortens schedules, but also increases flexibility by enabling reuse of the same design for multiple publications.
Highlights of Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher 9.0 include:
* format stepper, which allows the user to step through the format process;
* tracing, which allows the user to generate reports of the commands being processed;
* logging, which allows debugging code to be saved within the template and written to different locations;
* table improvements that provide significantly greater flexibility;
* greater font flexibility through support for OpenType fonts containing TrueType or PostScript outlines; and
* expanded support for XML-related standards including XInclude, inline XSLT and additional XPath functionality.